Posts for category: Dental
Before undergoing any kind of cosmetic dentistry, we know that you will probably have some questions. Given that more and more people are turning to dental veneers to get that perfect Hollywood-style smile, you may be wondering whether you could benefit. Read on to learn more, and call our Walnut Creek, CA, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Frank Skiba, if you are interested in undergoing treatment!
What are dental veneers?
Veneers are thin, stain-resistant porcelain shells that are bonded to the front of your teeth to hide imperfections and improve the overall shape, color, and appearance of your smile.
What problems can veneers treat?
There are a variety of cosmetic imperfections that can be hidden with the help of dental veneers. These problems include teeth that are,
- Uneven or irregularly shaped
- Worn down
- Slightly crooked or misaligned
Veneers have the ability to also close up gaps between teeth to give you a straighter more even smile without having to get braces. If you are looking for a cosmetic treatment that can fix minor aesthetic problems, then veneers may be the preferred treatment option.
How are veneers placed?
Getting veneers in Walnut Creek, CA, is quite simple but it does require multiple steps. These steps include,
- Undergoing a consultation with our dentist in order to both address any questions/concerns that you might have and to check the health of your teeth to determine if you are an ideal candidate
- Prepping your smile for veneer treatment by removing a small amount of enamel from the front of your teeth
- Taking impressions of your teeth and sending them to a dental lab who will then create your veneers
- Having your veneers permanently fitted and bonded to the front of your teeth
How long do dental veneers last?
Veneers are treated the same way as real teeth, requiring regular brushing, flossing, and routine dental checkups. With the proper oral care, veneers can last up to 10 years before needing to be replaced. By coming in for professional cleanings every six months, our dentist can also check the health of your veneers and determine when it’s time to replace them.
Interested? Give us a call
Are you thinking about getting dental veneers from our Walnut Creek office? If so, then it’s time to call our dentist today at (925) 934-8149 to schedule a consultation. We’ll give you the smile you’ve always dreamed of having!