Posts for category: Dental
How whitening and veneers from your dentist in Walnut Creek, CA, can give you a brighter, whiter smile
If you are tired of stains on your teeth, you are not alone. Fortunately, today's dental treatments are able to brighten smiles and boost your look. Here at the office of Dr. Mark Maher in Walnut Creek, CA, we offer two amazing services to give you a brighter, whiter smile. It’s time for you to discover the magic of professional teeth whitening and porcelain veneers!
Professional teeth whitening offers amazing results, as these treatments can whiten your smile up to 8 shades brigher, with results lasting up to 5 years in length! Professional teeth whitening is a safe, proven way to whiten and brighten your smile. Consider these two whitening methods:
- In-office whitening, which is the quickest method and takes only about an hour to complete; it’s a great option for busy people who want a white smile without waiting. It’s also an excellent choice if you have a special event like a wedding or reunion coming up and you want to look your best.
- Take-home whitening, which comes in a convenient kit; this is an excellent choice if you want to whiten your smile at your own pace, in the privacy of your home. The kit contains everything you need to achieve optimal whitening.
To learn more about professional teeth whitening, click on this link: https://www.dentistinwalnutcreek.com/library/7756/TeethWhitening.html
Porcelain veneers can give you a celebrity perfect smile. Thin shells of sparkling porcelain that are cemented on to the front surfaces of your teeth, veneers are a conservative treatment option because Dr. Maher removes little to no tooth structure to place them—just enough to compensate for the thickness of the veneers.
Porcelain veneers look natural because porcelain reflects light and looks just like tooth enamel. Porcelain also resists stains, so your new porcelain veneers will stay looking bright and sparkling for years. Porcelain veneers can permanently cover up stains, discolorations, blotchy tooth enamel, and other cosmetic issues.
To learn more about porcelain veneers, click on this link: https://www.dentistinwalnutcreek.com/veneers.html
Interested? Give Us a Call
If you want to say goodbye to your dental stains, call Dr. Mark Maher in Walnut Creek, CA, at (925) 934-8149. Make the call today and start enjoying a bright, white smile soon!
How your dentist in Walnut Creek, CA, can help you with jaw pain
If you have jaw pain, you shouldn’t ignore it—after all, chronic jaw pain is often a symptom of inflammation in the temporomandibular joint, or TMJ. TMJ problems are complex, and often lead to a chronic condition known as temporomandibular joint disorder, or TMD. Fortunately, here at our office in Walnut Creek, CA, your dentist, Dr. Frank R. Skiba, offers a wide range of services, including TMJ treatment, to help with jaw pain—read on to learn what he can do for you!
About TMJ and TMD Treatment
The TMJ is a complicated joint that slides like a hinge. Due to its unique movement, it can be easily dislocated, sliding in and out of place. Dislocation can lead to inflammation of the joint, and eventually, to permanent joint damage.
There are several noticeable signs and symptoms you may have TMJ issues. Let your dentist know if you are experiencing:
- Chronic aching pain in your face, especially around your ear
- Chronic tenderness and pain in your jaw
- Difficult or painful chewing or biting down on foods
- Popping, clicking, or locking in your jaw when you open and close your mouth
You can try some simple home remedies if you experience any of the signs or symptoms listed above. Consider:
- Taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory or pain medication
- Switching to soft foods and avoiding chewing gum or sticky foods
- Trying a nightguard if you are grinding or clenching at night
- Gently massaging your jaw muscles and face
- Applying moist heat or ice to your jaw
If you continue to have symptoms and aren't finding relief from home therapies, it’s time to talk with Dr. Skiba. He may recommend:
- Corticosteroid medications to reduce swelling
- Flushing the TMJ, a process called lavage
- Muscle relaxant, anti-inflammatory, and pain medication
- Custom-fit nightguards or TMJ splints
- Physical therapy and massage
- Laser or TENS therapy
Need relief? Give us a call
Don’t suffer from TMJ pain when effective treatment is just a phone call away. To learn more about your TMD treatment options, call Dr. Frank R. Skiba in Walnut Creek, CA, today by dialing (925) 934-8149.
Before undergoing any kind of cosmetic dentistry, we know that you will probably have some questions. Given that more and more people are turning to dental veneers to get that perfect Hollywood-style smile, you may be wondering whether you could benefit. Read on to learn more, and call our Walnut Creek, CA, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Frank Skiba, if you are interested in undergoing treatment!
What are dental veneers?
Veneers are thin, stain-resistant porcelain shells that are bonded to the front of your teeth to hide imperfections and improve the overall shape, color, and appearance of your smile.
What problems can veneers treat?
There are a variety of cosmetic imperfections that can be hidden with the help of dental veneers. These problems include teeth that are,
- Uneven or irregularly shaped
- Worn down
- Slightly crooked or misaligned
Veneers have the ability to also close up gaps between teeth to give you a straighter more even smile without having to get braces. If you are looking for a cosmetic treatment that can fix minor aesthetic problems, then veneers may be the preferred treatment option.
How are veneers placed?
Getting veneers in Walnut Creek, CA, is quite simple but it does require multiple steps. These steps include,
- Undergoing a consultation with our dentist in order to both address any questions/concerns that you might have and to check the health of your teeth to determine if you are an ideal candidate
- Prepping your smile for veneer treatment by removing a small amount of enamel from the front of your teeth
- Taking impressions of your teeth and sending them to a dental lab who will then create your veneers
- Having your veneers permanently fitted and bonded to the front of your teeth
How long do dental veneers last?
Veneers are treated the same way as real teeth, requiring regular brushing, flossing, and routine dental checkups. With the proper oral care, veneers can last up to 10 years before needing to be replaced. By coming in for professional cleanings every six months, our dentist can also check the health of your veneers and determine when it’s time to replace them.
Interested? Give us a call
Are you thinking about getting dental veneers from our Walnut Creek office? If so, then it’s time to call our dentist today at (925) 934-8149 to schedule a consultation. We’ll give you the smile you’ve always dreamed of having!